Multi-Generational Service and Community-Based Learning Adventure Trips
*Planting Hope is currently planning a service learning adventure trip, open to adults, and children or teens with an accompanying adult. The trip will take place from Feb. 22-March 3, 2020, during the Central VT winter break. For more information, write to Beth@plantinghope.org and check out our flyer.
Planting Hope’s annual Multi-Generational trip to Nicaragua occurs during the Central Vermont public high school February vacations. This 10 day trip includes:
- Staying with a San Ramon host family & immersion in Nicaraguan culture
- Visits to local primary schools to play games, do arts & crafts, and run literacy programs with students
- Shadowing local high school students during their school day
- Opportunities to learn about local micro-businesses & purchase their products
- Spending time at Los Pipitos Physical Therapy Center
- Tour La Hermandad coffee farm and processing facility
- 2-3 days in a beautiful Nicaraguan vacation site
2020 Multi-Generational Trip Details:
Dates: February 22 – March 3, 2020 * (Approximate dates. May change depending on airfare)
- Airfare: ($700-$850) +
- Trip Fee:
- $1,150 Adult
- $850 children/teens with adult
This trip is open to adults, mature teenagers, as well as children traveling with a family member. The trip fee covers all in-country transportation, special events, meals and lodging at homestay families, as well as hotels, restaurants and community lunches. It also helps to pay our Nicaraguan staff and scholarship students for the amazing work they do.
For a Detailed List of Payment Date, Click here
Need registration forms? Click here!
For a list of how to prepare for your trip and what to bring click here.
Please write to Beth for more information: Beth@plantinghope.org or call our Vermont office: 802-778-0344